Flourishes Timeless Tuesday--FTTC150: Life Without Love

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hi Friends! [If you're looking for my Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge #127 post, click here.]









I've been sitting on some exciting news for over two months and I can finally tell you...Flourishes asked me to be their January Timeless Tuesday Guest Designer! I was beyond thrilled when I got the email from Tammy, inviting me to be a temporary member of that fabulous design team! And, you are going to love the challenges they have lined up for this month!

This week, Mona is our hostess, and her challenge is to create a tri-fold card. Well, wouldn't you know it, right off the bat, something I've never done. :) I wasn't even sure what constituted a tri-fold card. If you are in the dark on that, too, there is a fab tutorial on SCS. Once I saw that, it was a piece of cake, and so much fun, too. I decorated four different panels on my card, so I have a lot of photos to show you. I'm not going into too many details on how I made the card, but if you want any other information on it, just leave me a comment and I'll get back to you. Well, here goes...

I used the gorgeous Flourishes stamp set, Berry Sweet, as my main focus on the card, colored the raspberries up with Copics and added some white highlights with an opaque pen. These are the Copic colors I used.





For the front of the card, I stamped, colored, and fussy cut the leaf from the Berry Sweet set, then stamped and colored it again on the sentiment panel. I popped the fussy cut leaf up on the sentiment panel with foam dots. I left the single raspberry uncolored because the sentiment talks about a tree without fruit, and I wanted this card to tell a story.  I hand-cut the shaped edge of the front panel, used an embossing folder for just that panel, then edged it with a gold opaque pen.

When the card is untied and opened, this is what you see:





In keeping with the "story" progression, the raspberries here are colored, although they are each single, not part of a plant. I used the Holly Accents die cut with some Shimmer Spritz and a Pearl Pen to jazz this panel up a little bit and give it more life.



The next panel you see is the main one--the bunch of raspberries on a stem:

I used the out of the box technique for this die cut so I wouldn't lose the edge of the stamped image, and the beautiful dp behind it is from My Mind's Eye. I added lots of gold pearls with a Pearl Pen, as well as lavender Liquid Pearl dots. I wanted this panel to be a big contrast to the front, pale, unadorned panel.

The final panel is the conclusion to the "story." Here, I used stamps from the April Showers set and from the Hearts & Flowers set. "Je t'aime" is French for "I Love You." The French have a lot of ways to say that, depending on the degree of love that is intended to be expressed. I think this particular phrase is for the strongest love--romantic love. The pale lavendar stamp on this panel is the same as the large raspberry stamp--just smaller.



And, here are a few photos, just to give you different views of the card, as a whole.

The sentiments:


The inside, completely open:


The outside and back (I glued the ribbon across the back):

The inside decorated panels:

Well, that's it for my Timeless Tuesday card today. I hope you enjoyed the photos. 

Now, you've got to see the rest of the Timeless Tuesday Design Team's beautiful, inspiring creations. This group of ladies is unbelievably talented:

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to check out the Flourishes Blog for all the deets on this fun challenge and play along with us this week. You just might be starting the year out with a win under your belt and some cash for the Flourishes store! I'm looking forward to seeing what you create!!!

Have a fantastic day!

~Hugs, 
 
Stamps: Berry Sweet, Hearts & Flowers, April Showers (Flourishes)
Paper: A Beautiful Life (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Memento; Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Colorbox; Copic markers; white opaque pen (Inkssentials); gold opaque pen (Marvy)
Dies: Labels Thirteen, Holly Accents, Curved Rectangles, Classic Ovals Lg (Spellbinders)
Accessories: D'Vine Swirls embossing folder (Cuttelbug); seam binding (Hug Snug); Shimmer Spritz (Tsukineko); Pearl Pen; Liquid Pearls; foam dots
Size: 4-Bar (3-1/2" x 4-7/8")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.


18 comments :

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Cheryl! The berries look scrumptious! Happy New Year!

Donna Heber said...

OMG! This is stunning Cheryl. I love those gorgeous raspberries.

Theresa's Studio said...

Gorgeous card. Congrats on being a guest designer. Love your creation!

Silke Ledlow said...

Happy New Year and WELCOME to the team this month! Your fold card is so gorgeous Cheryl! Love the in and outside :) !!! Hugs ~S~

Cindy Haffner said...

Just GORGEOUS Cheryl!!~

Heather Rogers said...

Absolutely beautiful Cheryl. I am so happy to have you guest design with us. Your Raspberries look delicious. Beautiful as always. :)
Hugs~

Colleen said...

Cheryl,
This is beautiful and congrats on your guest designer position.

Beate said...

Beautiful card inside and out! I am excited to have you on the team this month!!!
Have a Happy New Year!
Hugs and smiles

Theresa said...

Cheryl, this is stunning!! WOW what a gorgeous card. Of course I had no doubt how well (excuse me) how AMAZING you'd do. Fabulous card my friend.

Allie Gower said...

So pretty. How exciting to be a guest designer. I love your card, and I'm glad I found your blog.

Yogi said...

pretty card. Love those raspberries

Unknown said...

WOW! These berries look AMAZING! They actually look real.They look so dimensional that I though they were beaded when I first looked at the picture. Wonderful job. Love the details!

Jani
papercompulsions.blogspot.com

stampqueen said...

Beautiful card!!! The raspberries look yummy :)

Marie said...

Cheryl, your card is 'berry' sweet...sorry I couldn't resist the pun. Fantastic, juicy looking berries.

The Rubber Maid said...

Beeutiful! Love your realistic raspberries, the coloring is awesome. Pat

Greta said...

So many beautiful details!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! This is amazing Cheryl!! The raspberry looks so real! I love the tri fold card and details.

So glad you are joining with us this month!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Your card is beautiful, Cheryl! You rocked the tri-fold challenge, and those berries are beautifully colored! SO glad to have you joining us for January! (And sorry I'm SO far behind in commenting!) :)