Mean Green Flying Machine

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

(For my Paper Sweeties September Inspiration Challenge post, scroll to the next post, or click here.)

My very favorite color ever is green, or to be more precise, Pear--hex #d1e231. Seriously, it is that specific. But, I love all shades of green. At Christmas every year, I decorate with pear green and dark brown, most of the interior of my house is sage green, and much of my wardrobe, including my bowling shoes, is green. It is nature's neutral--everywhere, and beautiful in any setting. Shoot, if God has a favorite color, I wouldn't be surprised one bit, if it was green! So, in honor of my favorite color, I decided to make a green card today.
I colored the balloon and cloud images with Copics, adding some white Sharpie and gel pen highlights. The Green Apple straw originally was green and white. After flattening it in my Vagabond, I used Champagne Inka Gold, to turn the white stripes yellow, then I sprinkled Watermelon mix, Sugar Sprinkles, and Gold sequins around the card. The centers of the sequins and random pearl dots are made with a gold Pearl pen. The distressed sentiment layer was stamped with a Crackle Background, and the sentiment is a retired Taylored Expressions stamp.
On the inside, I used the same Crackle Background stamp for the sentiment panel, and cut a patterned strip out of scrap from the front of the card. 

So, what about you? Are you a fan of green? What's your favorite color palette? 

Thanks for stopping by, and have a colorful week!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Viva la Verve August 2015 Week 4 Sketch Challenge (Turned sideways)
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Trio of Colors (Green/Brown/Yellow Copics)
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create Challenge #139: Anything Goes
Chocolate, Coffee, & Cards Challenge #98: Use a Sentiment
Pink and Main Challenge #1: Anything Goes

~Hugs,

Supplies Used:

Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

13 comments :

Jill Norwood said...

Love your green themed card! Very sweet! Love all the wonderful details you add! My favorite color is Aqua with red running a close second.

jenn shurkus said...

beautiful anniversary card! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

Sue Lelli said...

Your inside is just as GORGEOUS as the outside! LOVE the colors, the design, and that FAB sentiment, Cheryl! WOW!

~ginny said...

I like this very much! LOve green - my fave color too! The balloon and the clouds make a great focal point - but the layered background really makes the card! Nicely done Cheryl! So glad you are sharing your project and creativity at 613 Ave C – thank you!
~ginny, DT for 613 Ave C : [#139 – ATG / Twist CYOC]
Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

aussie aNNie said...

Stunningly beautiful creation, lovely sentiment to for our current challenge...hope to see you next challenge.xx
{Chocolate Coffee and Cards DT Member}

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

How fabulous! Love the earthy colors and your wonderful white gel pen accents.

SewPaperPaint said...

Super cool card, love the distressing and the hot air balloon theme! Such wonderful layers and color!

Meihsia Liu said...

Your card is gorgeous. Love the beautiful image and your great coloring. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Challenge Team said...

What a great card! -Michelle

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us for the Pink & Main September Challenge :)

~Stacey (Pink & Main DT)

Lisa said...

I LOVE green! But I don't think I have a favorite color. This card is great and how cool that you flattened a straw....another thing I never thought to do!

Pam MacKay said...

Awesome card love the colors!
Pam Pink and Main DT

KateCrafts said...

So nice card! Thank you for joining the Pink and Main Challenge, Kate DT