Paper Sweeties August Release Party!

Saturday, August 15, 2015

It's Release Day at Paper Sweeties, and all the yummy new stamps and dies are available in the shop now! I used several of them on my card today.
Sophie is wearing her newest dress, from the Wishing You stamp set, for Paper Sweeties 3rd Birthday Party. After paper piecing it from a piece of patterned paper, I used a Souffle pen to give it some blue accents, and added Stickles for some celebratory glitz. I even gave her a "Diamond" Stickles necklace and bracelet. My daughter had some interesting comments to make about Sophie's purple hair, but I was in the mood for something besides blond, brunette, or red hair, and I think she totally owns her new do! I love being able to add a little something to an image that makes it unique, and I did that here with Sophie's eyes. I'm still learning to add facial features, and it took me three Sophie images before I got this one good enough. For the balloons, which are from the new Happy Cake Day stamp set, I heat embossed them with black onto watercolor paper, die cut them with the coordinating die, then used my watercolors. I also watercolored the background layer, too. (I finally got my own watercolors, and the colors are so much more vivid than my daughter's watercolors!) The sentiment is also from the Wishing You set and is heat embossed as well. After some zigzag stitching, I finished the card with a few Jellybean sequins.
For the inside I die cut a frame, watercolored it to match the front of the card, and stamped a simple Happy Birthday sentiment.

3rdBirthday


Be sure to visit the rest of the DT for more birthday fun inspiration:


And, there's still time to enter this month's Happy Birthday Challenge, too! BIG prizes up for grabs!

papersweeties-inspiration#34

I'll have one more card tomorrow that incorporates new and old stamp sets together. Hope you'll come back and check it out!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create #136: Anything Goes
Art Impressions Challenge #166: Anything Goes
Crafting for All Seasons #107: Bright and Beautiful

~Hugs,

Supplies Used:

Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

13 comments :

Maria said...

Wow!!! LOVE this card, Cheryl! Such gorgeous water coloring...so pretty! And, Sohpie's eyes and purple hair are gorgeous...fab coloring!!!

Jill Norwood said...

Cheryl I love her beautiful eyes! Such a wonderful card my dear!!!! And yay for your own water colors! :)

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

The watercoloring looks great! Awesome card!

Carla's Cards said...

Adorable card! I love the watercolors! Thanks for sharing at Crafting for All Seasons!

Lisa said...

Wow! Awesome watercolor inc and what beautiful coloring...love your eyes....

Nancy Penir said...

Fun, fabulous, watercoloring! Sophie is lovely in her party dress & matching bow. Love all the detailing you put into your work. Like I said, FUN & FABULOUS!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

What a gorgeous background and Sophie's dress is spectacular!

Jeri said...

What fabulous and colorful water coloring. Love the frame on the inside.

Indy's Designs said...

Fabulous background and lovely card!

The Craft Princess said...

Definitely a fun card!!! I love the watercolor background and the stitching...but actually I love it all :) Hugs...Janie

Mynn xx said...

Such beautiful coloring and paper piecing, Cheryl! This is fabulous! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Bettina L. said...

Wow I love this and the background colours. Thanks for playing at 613 Avenue Create and sorry for my a bit late comment. Hope to see you back this week for our new AG challenge. Bettina DT Member 613 Avenue Create xx

Leslie Miller said...

Hey, lots of girls have purple hair these days. I love your watercolor background, especially on the frame inside. So pretty! Good to see coloring mediums other than Copics in use now and then. So cute, Cheryl!