Paper Sweeties March Release Sneak Peeks!

Friday, March 13, 2015

Hello Friends! It's Friday, the 13th! And, what does that mean? Well, what else...it's time for the March Sneak Peeks at Paper Sweeties! Yay!!! You're going to love this month's release. As soon as I saw the Sweet Cuts Stitched Tags #1 dies, I knew I was going to have to use them immediately!
After cutting three tags from designer paper, I heat embossed Easter and Spring sentiments from the Jelly Bean Time stamp set onto two of the tags, and on the third tag, I added a fussy cut basket from the new I Pick You stamp set and filled it with eggs from the Bloom & Grow stamp set. Three different trims are tied to the tags, with a Cotton Candy Twine bow added to the bottom tag. Finally, I added several clear sequins from the Sweetheart Mix Sequins, and one of the pink ones to the basket.

Just behind the tags, using a stencil and molding paste, I added a Harlequin design to a piece of kraft cardstock, then spritzed it with several colors of Dylusions Ink Spray. After everything dried, I sanded the stenciled area to tone down the colors a bit, and added white paint to the torn edges, and a bit of wonky sewing around the edges, also. Behind that, is a white layer, embossed with a chicken wire design, and accented with Brushed Corduroy ink.

To leave a smooth area for personalization on the inside, I used an embossing diffuser with the chicken wire embossing folder, then stamped a sentiment from Jelly Bean Time and a sweet little butterfly from the new I Pick You stamp set.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Paper Sweeties Design Team for more inspiration:

Cheryl Lea (you are here)
Debbie Marcinkiewicz – Paper Sweeties
Jill Norwood 




Thanks for stopping by!  Come back tomorrow for another sneak peek of the I Pick You stamp set! It's a real cutie!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #259: Use any previous SSSC sketch (I used #248)
Your Next Stamp Color Challenge #9
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: B is for... (Basket)
613 Avenue Create Challenge #114: Anything Goes
Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #113: Flower and Ribbon or Trim
Fresh Brewed Designs Challenge: March 11-17--Flowers

~Hugs,

Supplies Used:

Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

17 comments :

Jill Norwood said...

Cheryl your card is gorgeous! I love the 3 tags and the sweet Easter Basket not to mention the embossing both inside and out! Beautiful!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!! This is gorgeous! LOVING the tags and the distressing!!!!

Mynn xx said...

Cheryl, this is GORGEOUS!!! LOVE all the amazing texture--even on the inside! BEAUTIFUL! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Maria said...

So creative and colorful inside and out, Cheryl! Love all those pretty tags and awesome background!

Deborah Anton said...

This is SO cool Cheryl!! I love all the elements and those tags are fabulous!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Wow! Loving all the textures!!! Just beautiful!

Suzanne C said...

What pretty easter tags! Sweet colors and papers! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Beautiful, Cheryl! Love the fun pattern papers you used in the tags and fabulous background!

Michelle said...

Wow! This is stunning Cheryl! Love, love, love the wonderful spring tags!!!!

Annette Allen said...

such a cute card.. i love all those mini tags.. Thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp

Larissa Heskett said...

Such a FUN Card!! I LOVE the Layers and all the Texture!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Aurora said...

Such beautiful card. I love the desing and those tags are just so cute! Thank you for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create. Hope you to see you again soon.
Cheers
Aurora

Leslie Miller said...

You made great use of those tags! So cute! Love the gorgeous harlequin background and the chicken wire inside. Super fabulous card, Cheryl!

Tracy Penney said...

Gorgeous. I just love all the texture on your project. The tags vibrant colours really pop with that distress background. So many fun elements to see. Thanks for using our colour inspiration and playing along with our challenge at Your Next Stamp.

Unknown said...

I really like your project. Thanks so much for playing at RRR! See you next time!

Jenn
DT

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

So creative! I really like that you even did the inside (I definitely need to give that a try - thanks for the tip!). Thanks again for joining us at YNS!!!

Bonnie Garby said...

What a gorgeous card Cheryl! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.I am now your newest follower and would love it if you visited my Make Time To Craft Blog and became a follower too.