Paper Sweeties March Release Countdown!

Saturday, March 14, 2015

I'm back with another Paper Sweeties card for the March Release Countdown! I used the new I Pick You stamp set to give Abigail a little flower garden.
I colored the flowers, butterflies, basket and Abigail images with Copics, cut Abigail out with her very own Sweet Cuts die, and fussy cut the other images. I gave Abigail some plaid overalls with paper from a Little Yellow Bicycle paper pad, and fancied them up with a pretty Creamsicle sequin. Liquid Pearls accent the centers of the flowers. I colored each of the butterflies differently, then added white paint pen to one, and Stickles to the other two. To keep their wings raised, I used a little bit of transparent Pearl Pen under each one. The sentiment is heat embossed with white embossing powder.
A couple more flowers and a butterfly brighten up the white panel inside.

Be sure to check out the awesome creations from the rest of the Design Team for more inspiration:

Cheryl Lea (you are here)
Debbie Marcinkiewicz – Paper Sweeties
Jill Norwood 


What's New


See you tomorrow for the Paper Sweeties March Release Party

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: B is for... (Blue)
613 Avenue Create Challenge #114: Anything Goes
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenge #86: For a Child
Fresh Brewed Designs Challenge: March 11-17--Flowers

~Hugs,

Supplies Used:

Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

13 comments :

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

So cute! Love how you colored the flowers!

Jill Norwood said...

Cheryl this is so adorable! I love the way you color!!! And the sweet touches added to the butterflies and flowers! Gorgeous card my dear!!!! :)

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG OMG OMG!! What a CUTE Scene!! =) LOVE all the FUN Details and the Bright Happy Colors!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Maria said...

Wow! Your coloring of Abigail is amazing! And, she is adorable in her sweet outfit! Love the flowers, too!:-)

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness...Abigail is so sweet! From the way you colored her hair to her cute plaid overalls!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooo beautiful! LOVING the flowers and the butterflies!!!!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Cheryl, your little scene is just adorable! Love all the special details!!

Conniecrafter said...

aww she is too cute, great spring time card!

Desire Fourie said...

Cheryl this is so perfect for our ‘FLOWERS’ theme. Just love the colours and design. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Fresh Brewed Designs DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Michelle said...

There are so many wonderful elements. I love the dimensional butterflies. So fun! And I really like that you took the time to decorate the inside as well. Such a treat! Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
~Michelle

Nancy Penir said...

Cheryl, your sweetie's hair looks real! Gorgeous card!

Leslie Miller said...

How darling! Those flowers are so cute. I love her matching overalls and hair bow. Sweet, sweet card!

Mynn xx said...

Cheryl, this is TOTALLY DARLING! I LOVE the texture on the flowers and I adore the beautiful patterned papers you used, too! HUGS! :) Mynn xx