Tiddly Inks New Ewe Release Boxed Card Set

Friday, December 5, 2014

I adore making boxed card sets, especially when I have a fabulous set of stamps that coordinate perfectly, and Christy, at Tiddly Inks, has just released seven--YES SEVEN--Tiddly Inks sheep stamps that are adorable individually, but that are also just right for a card set! To top that off, every single one has a sentiment built right in! And, since they are sheep, there was very little coloring required. BAAA-AM! This sweet card set practically made itself!
I made 8 cards for this set, using the Thank Ewe image on two cards, colored differently. For the box, I modified this tutorial, which I used in another card set almost two years ago. I used the curly D'Vine Swirls embossing folder for the side panels, and inside back of the box, to go along with the sheep theme. The cards are all 3.5" x 5.5", and I made white envelopes for them with an envelope punch board. (A card recipe for the set is at the bottom of the post.) For the cards and the box, I used Recollections 110 lb. cardstock, which is the heaviest cardstock I've found, even among other 110 lb. cardstock brands. (If I had needed to do more coloring, I would probably have used X-Press It Blending Card for the images, colored them, then mounted them to the front of 110 lb. card bases, but the extra step wasn't necessary for these cards.)

Here are pics of the individual cards. I have to apologize for the yucky colors. White cards are my Waterloo! I can never get the color right when photographing them, and when I start editing them in my photo program, they turn out all different colors, depending on what other colors are on the cards. So, so frustrating. Trust me when I say that every card is the same beautiful, bright white, and the colors are vivid and crisp. ;)
Happy Baaa-Day to Ewe. Diamond Stickles are on each of the little notes, and Black Wink of Stella gives the little sheep faces a bit of shine.
Ewe Sparkle & Shine. Each star was colored with a yellow Copic marker, then I added yellow Stickles over that.
Ewe and Me. Diamond Stickles on the sweet little star. I think this is my favorite of all these images.
Hope Ewe Get Well Soon. Colored with Copics. The colors here look a bit washed out. :~( This photograph could certainly use some doctoring!
Thank Ewe. I printed this one to cover the entire front of the card. The ombre colored "thank" is a little more intense in real life.
Second Thank Ewe. This is printed slightly smaller than the first one. I used magenta, yellow, and blue-green markers to make the dots, which also gave me orange and green dots when they mixed. Then, because all those dots were making my eyes crazy, I edged parts of the letters with the blue-green marker to add some definition. 
Ewe Rock! Glossy Accents give this rocker's shades some style! Don't you just love his heart tattoo? As a bonus, the Thank Ewe image and the Ewe Rock image are together--2 for 1. Who doesn't love that? ;)
Only Have Eyes For Ewe. I couldn't get it to show up in the photo, but Xmas Red Stickles is sparkling on the little heart.
Here's an inside look at the box. The finished measurements are 6" long x 2" deep x 4" high. The front panel is 2" high. To modify the original tutorial, all I had to do was cut the original piece of cardstock to 8" x 10", then followed the rest of her tutorial. This was a blast to make!

Now, hurry on over to Tiddly Inks to see what the rest of our super talented DT did with these images. You're going to want to add these New Ewes to your digi stash for sure! And, you can even use them to enter the current Gratitude and Joyfulness Challenge, too!

Oh, and, lucky you, today is a two-fer! It's also Tiddly Inks Fabulous Friday! If you'd like to see my Fab Friday post, go here.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a Be-ewe-tiful week!

I'm entering this card set in the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create Challenge #100: Anything Goes
Robyn's Fetish Challenge #240: Anything Goes
Corrosive Challenge #213: Happy Everything!
TSC Challenge #58: Anything Goes

~Hugs,

Supplies Used:

Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

5 comments :

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, these are so CUTE! What a fabulous set! Totally LOVE the sheep!

cass said...

Great card set, thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge this week

Conniecrafter said...

they are just too cute and such fun cards, love the box you made for the set!

Deborah Anton said...

Oh Cheryl! This is fabulous! I love it... It's so fun. Love the CAS look of it and brilliant to make a matching holder!

JanR said...

Such an awesome set!