One Sheet Wonder Christmas Card Set

Thursday, December 18, 2014

My favorite way to start a card is with a sketch, and Viva la Verve has a sketch challenge for December that I couldn't pass up--a One Sheet Wonder Challenge.


I had never even heard of something like this before, so I was interested in seeing if I could do it. I decided to go for a vintage look using some Tim Holtz Blueprints stamps, colored very roughly with Copics. My supply list is at the end of the post.



I didn't take a photo of the inside, but each card is stamped with the same Christmas sentiment.

This was definitely a challenge for me, and it was pretty cool to use every single inch of a 6x6 piece of paper, but I think I prefer winging it when I make cards, even if it means there is a little waste involved. ;~)

Thanks for stopping by, and have yourself One Wonder-ful weekend!

I'm entering these cards in the following challenges:
Viva la Verve December 2014 Sketch Challenge
Simon Says Monday: Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday: Winter Inspiration
613 Avenue Create #102: Anything Goes
Sugar Pea Designs SPD12: Anything Goes
Chocolate, Coffee, & Card Challenge #80: Christmas
Corrosive Challenge #214: Anything Goes
Robyn's Fetish Challenge #242: Winter Cards with Glitter

~Hugs,

Supplies Used:

Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

9 comments :

Chana Malkah said...

Fabulous job! Love the stamps that you chose and the color profile you developed is so pretty! If I find time, I might give this a try...interesting! Thanks for playing in our neighborhood this week here at 613 Avenue Create.
We enjoy your visits.
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are all so beautiful, Cheryl. Love the vintage look you achieved! Thanks for playing along with us!

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely sweet christmas card thanks for joining us at CC&CC cheers and happy christmas Sue N x

Conniecrafter said...

Yes I heard of these years ago but I never made any, love your paper choices and the vintage feel they have!

jenn shurkus said...

WOW! i love these cards :) i love the mix of patterns and inking- awesome job!! thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp!

Lisa Lara said...

Hi Cheryl gf. What a beautiful collection of cards. So happy you played with us at SugarPea Designs.
-Lisa Lara SPD DT

Natalie said...

great cards and a great use of a sheet of paper!
Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
Hugs,
Natalie
INKognito

Leslie Miller said...

I've never seen this done with a 6x6 before. 12x12, yes. Cute designs! It's a fun challenge!

Sandra said...

Wonderful cards! So pretty! Love them all! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra