Gardening Tools in Pencil

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

I used the Gardening Tools image on a card a few days ago, but I wanted to try coloring it with Prismacolor pencils, too. I love my Copics, but I have to say, this turned out much better in pencil. Of course, with Impression Obsession images, you can hardly go wrong in any medium. :D 
The entire image is colored with Prismacolor pencils. I added a black line around the image with a .01 Micron marker, and some clear Wink of Stella on the butterfly. And, I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch again, altering it just a bit by moving the image to the top of the card and adding the birthday tag (or is that a flag???) ;-) The birthday sentiment is embossed with black so it would show up on the busy paper it's on.
On the inside, I cut a few images from the Enchanted Garden paper and distressed the edges. The sentiment was stamped with Teal Zeal Memento ink and Pear Tart Ink, for a shadow effect.

Thanks for stopping by!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Paper Shelter Challenge #165: Photo Inspiration
Mojo Monday #353
613 Avenue Create #79: Create Your Own Challenge (image, sentiment, embossing, flowers, paper punch)
Paper Issues: Gettin' the Scoop on the Sweet Days of Summer
Sugar Pea Designs SPD06: Anything Goes
Impression Obsession Challenge: Colors of Summer!
Chocolate, Coffee, & Cards Challenge #68: Summer Days


Supplies Used:

Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.


Nancy Thomas said...

Your coloring is fantastic - gorgeous card.

Conniecrafter said...

Terrific coloring once again and just love the design of your background, awesome inside with your images too!

Samantha K said...

gorgeous card and your colouring is amazing x Thank you for joining us over at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenge. Good luck, Hugs Samantha K x

Sue Lelli said...

Once again you used that charm on your FAB card! LOVE the colors and the layers, Cheryl!

Leslie Miller said...

I love the look of the pencils on this. I'd like to work on that coloring technique more. I have the pencils and the Gamsol, but not the best stumps. This is really amazing. There are few things I love more than coloring.

JD/ Jill said...

Wow! This is an awesome card!