Colorful Life

Saturday, July 5, 2014

I'm back with a simple card that might look like it needs a little something else, but I left it very clean on the front on purpose. ;)
I colored this Pure Innocence sweetie with Copics. I'm trying to learn to color pleats and folds in clothing, so this image, with all it's large open spaces in the shirt and skirt, was a good one to practice on. To make the polka dots on the shirt, I just used the brush tip on my colorless blender. To color the background, I masked the image completely, then airbrushed with a blue Copic. I went with a solid white card base and sentiment stamped in black to compliment the "colorless" clothing. Then, when you open the card...
the same image is colored in extremely vibrant colors, and I added a colorful, doodled border with extra fine Sharpie markers! I just love the contrast between the front and the inside of the card! FUN!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a colorful day!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Sugar Pea Designs Challenge SPD06: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: W is for White
Paper Issues: In the Navy

~Hugs,

Supplies Used:

Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

4 comments :

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Such a pretty card, your colouring is amazing and I love the sentient . Thanks so much for,joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

Conniecrafter said...

Oh I just love this, your coloring of the pleats is perfect and I love the colorful surprise on the inside!!

stampqueen said...

Very cool idea with the gray and colors - so cute!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Your Copic coloring is outstanding! I'm so enjoying your learning process, though it's difficult to call it "learning" when it appears you've mastered it.