Girly Purse

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Hello there! I am so excited to share a super cute Silhouette project with you today! It was fun to make and turned out even better than I expected! See for yourself...
My DD is going to a birthday party this weekend for a friend who is turning 7. For her birthday, the little girl is saving up for a big-ticket item, so her gift this year from us is money. I hate just putting money inside a card, so I dusted off the Silhouette and made this sweet little purse and coin purse gift holder using Samantha Walker Silhouette files. The birthday girl is probably the most girly girl I know, and loves to carry purses, so this is perfect for her. The coin purse is large enough for a gift card, and would have been perfect for a cash gift, too, but when it was finished, it wouldn't fit inside the purse, so I made a smaller one just like it. I'll save this larger coin purse for another birthday party. ;)
pic name pic name pic name
Here's a look at the front, back, and bottom of the purse. The detail in the project is amazing! All the brads give it a nice, realistic look. The purse stays closed with a Velcro dot underneath the floral flap, and, did you notice the little "feet" on the bottom of the purse? Sweet! ;)
Here's a look at the inside of the large coin purse. The smaller one, of which I don't have a photo, fits nicely into the circle purse. 

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful week!

~Hugs,

Supplies Used:

Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

7 comments :

Maria said...

Super CUTE, Cheryl!!! Love those purses! They look very real and so very pretty! The little birthday girl is going to squeal with delight when receiving these!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!! What an awesome idea! It's too cute! Great job! :)

Katie Sims said...

This is darling, Cheryl....sure to make the birthday girl very happy indeed! And your blog looks awesome! :)

Meihsia Liu said...

Oh my, this is such a wonderful and cute creation! The best gift idea ever. Fantastic design! :)

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, so adorable! What a fun way to give money or a gift card!

Sara S. said...

This is so adorable! Lovely color pallet as well. Thanks for dropping this by 613 Avenue Create! We look forward to seeing you again!

Regan said...

Super cute! Lovely color choices! Thanks again for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!
{hugs}
Regan