Happy Spring!

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Happy Spring!!! I don't know about you, but I have been ready for Spring for a long time! Now we just need some warm spring weather to coordinate with the calendar! :)
 


For this card, I used the Viva la Verve March 2014 Week 1 Sketch, as well as the colors from the color portion of the same challenge. As usual for me, I turned the sketch sideways, and in place of the 3 fishtail banners, I used a branch die cut.

I also added a warm gold color into the color palette, as I'm wishing for warm spring days to hurry up and get here!



I first stamped the nest image in Desert Sand Memento Ink, then roughly colored it with Inktense pencils. With a paintbrush and water, I blended the color. After it dried, I inked the stamp up again with Espresso Truffle Memento Ink and stamped over the colored image. Since I stamped the image in such a light color originally, the lines disappeared in the Inktense coloring, and I didn't have to worry about lining up the stamp perfectly the second time. I used Prismacolor pencils to add subtle shading, and a Spica Atyou clear pen for shimmer on the leaves and eggs. For the frame, I used the Medallion Two D-Lites die set and cut 4 frames, layering them to give it some lift, then I die cut the colored image with just the outer die so it would fit behind the ornate die cuts. For the branch, I cut it once in brown cs, and once in a green dp, which I shaded with Peeled Paint Distress Ink and a Spica Atyou clear pen. I trimmed all the leaves off the green die cut and glued them to the brown one. The sentiment is stamped on an oval die cut, and I sponged Scattered Straw inside the die before removing the cs. I hand cut the oval behind it. On the card base, I put 1/4" Scor-Tape on the top and bottom edges, then coated them with white glitter. I did some sewing on the background dp, then glued it to the card base and added all the other elements, including a little bow on the sentiment oval, and a few Swarovski crystals.
On the inside, I sponged a Labels 28 die cut with Scattered Straw Distress Ink, then stamped the floral image and sentiment in Memento inks and added light color to the image with Prismacolor pencils.

I can almost hear the birds chirping! ;)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

~Hugs,
 
Supplies:

Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

6 comments :

Heather Rogers said...

So pretty, Cheryl! Love that die cut frame. :)

Happy Spring!

Maria said...

A very pretty card with bird nest image and die cuts! And, sweet little bow to top off the card!:-)

Conniecrafter said...

Just Love this, such a creative use of the sketch, love having the diecut branch coming out from the image that is colored beautifully!!

Deborah Anton said...

So pretty Cheryl! Love the feel of Spring... I so need it too!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Really nice!

cheiron said...

Just gorgeous and I love the inside of the card too. Thanks for playing along with us in the Glitter It Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday