Valentine Wishes

Monday, February 11, 2013

Hi Friends! I hope you had a good weekend and got in some crafting time. I spent a lot of time trying to organize my dies into a different system. I'm about halfway finished, but I need to wrap it up. It's really hard trying to make a card when dies are all over the place. ;)

As you can see, I've made another Valentine's card, and like the last one, I used all digital dp. The image is a digital stamp, also. It doesn't show up well in the photo, but the Hearts Circle die cut has glitter on the heart border.

Here's a close up of the fancy stitching I did between the two layers.

It was fun to "color" this image in my photo program. I used some of the same digi paper (that I used to make the card) for the envelope, heart, dress, shoes, and hairband. For the hair, I filled it with a brown color, then used the texture effects feature to give it a textured look. After die cutting the image, I used Spun Sugar to sponge inside the die.

The inside is simple, with a sponged, tilted panel and sweet sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit, and have a fantastic week!

I'll be entering this card in the following challenges:
Design House Digital Valentine's Day Card Contest: Kids Hybrid Card
Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Have a Heart
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #206: It's Sketchy!
ColourQ Challenge #175

~Hugs,

 
Stamps: Mailed My Heart digital stamp (Whimsie Doodles); Valentine Sayings, All Occasion Messages (Hero Arts)
Paper: Henri by Diane Rooney, Embrace by Diane Rooney, Frostine Winter Berry by Diane Rooney; Antique Flower Stall by Jen Schoenberger; Me & Mine by Mary Moseley (All dp's are digital from Design House Digital) 
Ink: Distress; Memento; Versamark; Colorbox
Dies: Postage Stamps, Classic Ovals, Classic Scalloped Ovals, Heart Circles, Labels Twenty-One (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Swiss Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); embossing powder; Glitter; Mod Podge; Metal Embellishments
Size: 5.5" x 5.5"
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

4 comments :

cheiron said...

Super sweet card. Love your coloring. Thanks for playing along with the Have a Heart Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

Conniecrafter said...

aww very sweet image and love your special stitching!

Jen Mitchell said...

What an adorable Valentine! I love that fancy stitching! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Theresa said...

Hi Cheryl, she is darling - I would know a Melyssa Connolly digi in a heartbeat - so cute!! Your card is fabulous as always.

Hugs,
Theresa