CR84FN45: Butterfly Thanks

Wednesday, January 4, 2012


Hi Friends! School starts back tomorrow for my DD, and I need to get to bed soon, so I'll keep this short.

Over the holidays, I sent one of my Christmas cards to my aunt and uncle, and my aunt responded by asking if I had any notecard sets for sale. I don't, but it made me think that I should put some together. I think they make nice gifts. This card is the first in what will be a set of four cards, and I plan to alter a dvd tin to use as a box for them. I used the CR84FN45 Color Challenge for my color palette. This isn't a color combination that I would normally use, but aren't the inspiration photos gorgeous! I thought I'd give it a try.


This is a small card--a 4 Bar size (3-1/2" x 4-7/8"). That's the perfect size for the DVD tin. I'll show you how they'll fit in it later, when I've made the other cards. I made this card as flat as possible, for mailing, and the inside is completely blank.

Turns out I kind of like these colors together. The orange ribbon is so pretty against that shade of blue.

Well, I said this would be short, and here we are, all done. :) Hope you liked the card.

Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your week!

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Blue Skies, Making a Statement (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Pocket Full of Posies (DCWV)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; White Opaque Pen
Dies: Labels Four
Accessories: Monarch Butterfly Lg (Martha Stewart); ribbon (Michaels); Prima Crystals; Eyelets; Enamel Accents
Size: 4 Bar (3.5" x 4.875")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

5 comments :

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the ribbon in the eyelets, Cheryl, and the stamped butterfly is so PRETTY next to the die cut one! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a sweet card Cheryl! Love the pretty butterfly and use of eyelets! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Mynn xx said...

Oh, I LOVE that butterfly popped up and the one behind the sentiment! :) This is such a pretty card!!!

Deborah Frings said...

I really like what you've done with these colours! Great ribbon treatment and I like the way you've framed the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Suzanne Russell said...

The ribbon and eyelet treatment is definitely a standout! And the butterfly is beautiful, too! So pretty!